farm people

just a blog from a bunch of midwesterners trying to shed the "farm people" persona inflitcted on them by plump genes & cheeseburgers. it's a nine week journey with cash prize at the end for the one who loses the most percentage of pork.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

motivation

so how do you handle it when the spirit is willing but the flesh is totally weak & worn out?

that's where i'm coming from right now. i'm trying to get motivated to join miss jenn at the body pump classes at the Y, but i can't seem to get up enough gumption to roll out of bed at 4:30am & leave my house at 5am to pick up miss jenn & be to the Y in time for the wickedly early start time of 6am. yeah, that's early. especially when i work 'til 8pm & i've been going to the Y after work everyday for a half hour or so workout.

not like i'm asking anyone to pity me, i'm just not sure how much more a girl can do. i feel like i'm rarely to never at home anymore. i'm there just long enough to sleep, do my laundry, make my lunch & then i'm off again. & even though i tend to be a bit of an extrovert & i LOVE doing things & hanging out with my friends, i'm also the exact opposite in that i need to also have my home time & if i don't get my home time i get cranky. yes yes, totally opposite, i know. hi, have we met? i'm a gemini.

maybe i need to get my house in order & figure out a way to do more activity when i'm actually at home. that way i won't feel like i'm never there but i'll still be able to get in my daily workouts. that doesn't solve the body pump issue, but maybe it solves a bit of it. & then there's the fact that i own two soloflexes, two yoga mats, three exercise mats, & about sixty or so exercise videos/dvds. i seriously have enough stuff to open my own gym.

OH, um, yeah, so i'm definitely less than brilliant today. there is a Y kind of near my house over on the east side of st. paul, so i can definitely try to get over there for body pump. to be honest, part of it is that it's nice working out with jenn because she helps me push myself when i really want to give up. (did i mention on my lunch break she made me walk down to 1st floor, walk briskly for 15minutes, & then walk back up to the 5th floor???) & i know that i very well could do body pump without her, but what's the fun in not having my workout buddy there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home