farm people

just a blog from a bunch of midwesterners trying to shed the "farm people" persona inflitcted on them by plump genes & cheeseburgers. it's a nine week journey with cash prize at the end for the one who loses the most percentage of pork.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

peek-a-boo i see you

so i took a little peek at the scale in the locker room at work today, & it read off 266.6 to me. hmmm. i think that scale runs a little "light" compared to the one at the Y, so i'm pretty scared for weigh in day after tomorrow. i really don't want to see the 270's again, EVER! unless the 270's we're talking about are me earning 270K/year, that i'm willing to accept, but not the poundage thing.

yeah *sighs* i know, totally my fault for being a huge porker this past weekend & eating all the junk food & then not working out for a few, ok FOUR, days. i did get a workout in this morning though, i did 33 minutes on the elliptical & then i did a WHOLE five minutes of weight lifting. yeah, the weight lifting is kinda not enough, but i can do some of that today at my desk in between calls & on my breaks & that. ok, so the weights at my desk are only 2lbs each, but that really adds up & you can feel it after you do a ton of reps with them.

maybe i'll put some more air in my balance ball & sit on that for a while too. i've heard conflicting reports about if that actually helps with strengthening your core or not, but i know that it does help me with my posture because i really can't slouch when sitting on one of those because i'll topple over, bang my head on the floor, & knock over my cube neighbor's wall & desk. & while that would be hilarious on a sitcom, i'm guessing it wouldn't go over so well here in the real world.

but, today's a new day, i woke up, i got to exercise. i was able to make my own breakfast, bathe myself, pick out my own clothes & dress myself. & all of that is more than some people can do. so we'll say it's a good day & go forward with the attitude that it'll be splendid. it's also beautiful weather outside, so i'm going to take a walk on my lunch break & actually get some of that wonderful fresh air before it gets so cold outside that my lungs get frostbit walking from the car into work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home