farm people

just a blog from a bunch of midwesterners trying to shed the "farm people" persona inflitcted on them by plump genes & cheeseburgers. it's a nine week journey with cash prize at the end for the one who loses the most percentage of pork.

Friday, November 03, 2006

week 2 results

despite the fact that i've had a very bad self admitted weekend as far as eating & working out goes, i managed to pull in a pretty good number this week, which most definitely makes me happy. i lost 5.25 lbs this week, bringing my grand total of weight loss to 10.25 for the entire competition, thus far.

my competition is doing well too, miss jenn has been a literal demon when it comes to the gym & when we work out together & i want to slack i look over at her & somehow find that extra little burst of energy to keep myself going for the rest of the program.

it's odd, but while i'm happy that i've lost so much, it almost seems false. like i don't want to believe it too much or it'll all come back & bring twenty friends. it also seems like i'm so very far from my goal that it's nearly unattainable. also, i have mixed feelings about doing this whole thing on my own, because i'm looking to be a perfect canidate for gastric bypass, & if i keep losing like this i'll kick myself out of the "running" as it were.

it's a complicated thing. if my bmi drops below 40 then i'm not longer a canidate for surgery, but then again, i'm not sure that i have it in me to do this all on my own. but i'm also in this competition to win the money, ok, not the best reason to lose weight, but i'm not ashamed of saying that lots of it right now is about the lincolns.

starting bmi:47.4
last week's bmi: 46.5
this week's bmi: 45.6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home