farm people

just a blog from a bunch of midwesterners trying to shed the "farm people" persona inflitcted on them by plump genes & cheeseburgers. it's a nine week journey with cash prize at the end for the one who loses the most percentage of pork.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

week one (again), baby

so week one weigh in has come & gone. & i'm content with the results. now, of course, i would've loved to have lost lots & lots of weight, but it didn't work out that way. BUT, i didn't gain, i did lose some weight, but something else even more miraculous occurred to me last night while at the Y.

week 1 loss/gain: -1.6 lbs
total los/gain: -1.6 lbs

first my ticker:


& they've updated their tickers to show my bmi & everything, NICE, very NICE :)

so here's the thing i realized: the weight loss is going INCREDIBLY slow, as in if this was a foot race i'd be outpaced by a snail, but it's not all about the freakin number on the scale. & it's not even all about the clothing sizes, because i'm back to wearing my "fat jeans" & can't really comfortably wear my smaller apple bottoms. /tear. BUT, here's the exciting part gang, i was doing my favorite program on the elliptical last night, the weight loss, it's a 28minutes program with a 5minute cool down. usually i wind up doing between 2.10-2.22 miles in those 33 minutes. & yesterday in that same amount of time i managed to do 2.54 miles, a new record for me!

now for anyone who's incredibly in shape that probably doesn't seem like a big whoop at all, but a year ago when i was working out at the company gym with miss jenn after training i hopped on an elliptical, lasted about 30seconds before i said i was going to die, i gutted it out for two minutes, literally fell off the elliptical & told jenn i was going to die. literally. she glided on, told me i wasn't going to die, & to get up off the floor.

& i didn't die. & my body is becoming stronger, my posture better, & my endurance greater. i do wish that all of this came along with a smaller jeans size & tighter glutes, but that will come in time if i keep doing what i've been doing. this really has given me what i've been lacking in weeks of late: hope.

ps, cute tattoo boy was not at the Y friday or yesterday. how dare he? ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home